Our experts offer the following tips for implementing social distancing in the workplace to ensure the health and safety of employees:
- If possible, try to stay at least six feet (two meters) away from colleagues
- Rearrange desktops to give each employee the personal space they need from a security point of view.
- Avoid crowded places such as dining areas, lobbies, etc.
- If possible, hold meetings outdoors instead of offices and conference rooms.
- Use video conferencing software as an alternative to face-to-face meetings with clients and colleagues
- Avoid sharing items such as office supplies or hard copies of documents
- Use the stairs instead of the elevator if you can
- Comply with new information signs and warning labels
- Wear a face mask in places or situations where it is not possible to maintain a safe distance
With the COVID-19 pandemic affecting all areas of our lives, our experts recommend being flexible and ready to adjust safety measures as employees adjust to the new realities of office work.