We bring to your attention a few simple but effective techniques that will help implement a program for the separate collection and disposal of waste among staff:
- START FROM THE HEAD – let management and leading specialists set a personal example for subordinates.
- PROVIDE INFORMATION – explain to employees which items and materials are recyclable and how exactly they should be disposed correctly.
- REMIND REGULARLY – Post informational posters about the separate collection and disposal of office waste, send reminders to employees once a month about the importance of proper disposal, etc.
- GET RID OF INDIVIDUAL WASTE BASINS – in this case, employees will have the necessary motivation to sort and dispose of waste at separate collection points.
- SET GOALS FOR WASTE COLLECTION AND RECYCLING – Encourage or otherwise celebrate their achievement.
- USE A COMPETITIVE ELEMENT – Run weekly or monthly competitions to reward the most environmentally conscious employees.
If you follow these rules, employees will have a clear motivation and satisfaction from the fact that their joint efforts help save the planet and preserve the environment.